Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wahoo, Maryann is pregnant!


I am currently blogging instead of cleaning, (which is what I told Jeff I would be doing if he took Max out,) so that I can say a huge congratulations to my best friend Maryann on her pregnancy. I am truly so happy for her and don't know if I can stand waiting til March to see this cute bundle of Joy. I met Maryann in college, she lived in an apartment below mine and was in my ward. We didn't meet right away, but after I had gotten to know her roommates. After a bit we finally met at a dance in the Clyde Building where I also met this cute return missionary and a week later Maryann and I were on a double date with said missionary and his friend. Well, the date was nice, but Maryann was a waaaay better catch then my date, so I don't mind at all that things didn't work out with the guy. Maryann is sweet, loving, and the world's best listener. I often joke with her that the only reason that she hangs with me is because she is using me as a case study for her social work, (The book to be titled, Emily Tobler Larkin, The Most Messed Up Lady On Earth Not In An Institution.) This is such a clever women that she orchestrated a group dated for us with nine guys! Even though our friendship has been tested with time and distance, (and my increasing flakiness,) I consider it the greatest non-family bond I have or probably will ever have. I have been blessed to have such a person in my life. And she also makes fantastic brownies. So to Maryann....Thank you... I love you....Congratulation!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay, Maryann! That was a sweet tribute, too.