1. The hand chaser: Mae has this annoying habit of following each bite of any food with her hand. In goes the spoon then the hand. She wants the full sensory experience I guess. But inevitably the hand then gets wiped on my pants. So many times during the day the lap area of my pants has a nice yogurt stain. Good Times.
2. Line worriers: You know those plastic sticks at the grocery store checkout line that are used by patrons to divide the purchases of each person; well recently I have noticed that people are ferocious about getting those in place around me. People seem to be so terrified that the cashier will make a mistake and accidentally ring up my stuff with theirs, and that someone who is not supposed to will pay for the wrong purchases. Cause you know that these mistakes can NEVER be fixed, and no one is allowed to talk in line and prevent the mistake that way! I am not opposed to the sticks, just the fierceness with which they have been slammed down recently.
3. "Thank you for all that you do." This is from Jeff. This phrase is apparently very overused at his work place. It makes him really irritated so much so that all his coworkers tease him about it when someone sends it in an email. I totally get Jeff's point though. I mean it is such a lazy statement. And do they really mean it- no. Cause really it would mean, thank you for the hard work that you do at work and for the time you spend at home viewing pornography or watching NASCAR at home, (hmmm not that I in any way equate the two, just making a point.) So lets be specific in our praise people.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Things That Must Go XIV
Posted by Emily Larkin at 9:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
"Thank you for all that you do" -- LAME. I was actually surprised to read that that is from the workplace, doesn't it sound just like what some leader at church would say to you?
Post a Comment