but it just isn't gonna happen. I am not sure when I am gonna get on here again. I have enjoyed blogging a lot over the past few years, but in the last few weeks it has felt like a nasty chore. It doesn't help that I have to switch over to Google Chrome to get it to interface correctly with my laptop. But a few thoughts to help you through the dry spell.
I went to visit my parents in Colorado last week. It was good to see them and even better to get away from Mae. I didn't take any pictures cause my mom was all funny about me putting them up on the blog. Which is kinda sad cause her house is the most lovely place I have ever been in. There is not a more warm, comfy and yet totally stylish place. The whole house could be pinned on pinterest.
Except the fire alarm that beeped every two minuets. I can't even say anymore about it cause it was so awful.
It was brilliant seeing my parent's store. I had never been there and so had very little idea what to expect. Well I was blown away by my parents success. The place is styled wonderfully and is so inviting for a furniture store. It has lots of little rooms which is nice, I hate the overwhelming box feeling of most furniture stores. My mom has truly found her calling in life. Everything has her touch of class and exceptional taste.
Scottsbluff, Nebraska, where my parents store is, was pretty enough; but the whole time I must confess I was thinking, "Thank you Heavenly Father for moving them here after I left the nest!" Middle of nowhere does not begin to describe that place.
I got to drive the Tractor and use a pitch fork! It actually felt so amazing to work on the farm. Doing that physical labor and knowing how important it was made the experience very rewarding. I can see why they love it.
And I have more but Spike is fussing. So I may not be back on here for awhile. I still haven't taken pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes. Yeah.....
Monday, November 14, 2011
I have a lot to say
Posted by Emily Larkin at 1:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh, i would love to see pictures of your parents' house! i bet it's beautiful. don't stay away too long.
I finally got caught up on my Google Reader and all your blog posts and now you're taking a break! But I understand...
Now you have made me very curious to see your parents' home and store. Sounds way cool to me.
Post a Comment