Sunday, December 4, 2011

My To-Do List

So the same item has been on my to-do list for the last month and a half;
 1. Take pictures of the kids in their Halloween Costumes.  
Yes, I should have done it on Halloween or at one of the many parties we attended, but it never worked out.  There were either battery problems, or Mae was a total crab.  The costumes were pretty adorable if I do say so myself.  Max wanted to be Spiderman and when we were discussing costume options for Mae he suggested she be Spiderman also.  I asked him several times and he was sure he wanted her to be Spiderman.   As luck would have it about a week before the first of the parties they had a girl Spiderman costume at the Associate Store in Mae's size.  You can't say no to half price.  Max's costume I got from a new lady in the ward.  I didn't know it at the time but she actually went to high school with Jeff.  Small Mormon world.  I saw Spike's costume in September and paid full price cause it was just way too cute.  I mean come on, a blue crayon.  We attended preschool parties, the Walmart Candy-a-thon, which was a bit different this year cause they were hoping no one would notice that they cut the company picnic if they threw in a few funnel cakes with the Halloween party.  Nope, I noticed, but the funnel cakes were good.  I skipped the ward party cause my ward is mentally retarded when it comes to scheduling and set the trunk or treat for the same day as the elementary school carnival therefore deciding to make it super late at night.  (I could do a whole blog post about the stupid scheduling decisions my ward makes.)    We did take the kids to a few houses in the neighborhood and I used the time to get my neighbors to sign a petition against the school board.  (post about this to come later.)  All in all it was a busy time.  We ate a lot of candy and had a lot of fun, we just didn't properly document it, until now.

P.S.  Spell check does not accept Spiderman as one word but does accept Superman as one word.  What's up with that?

4 comments:

Sarah R said...

Those costumes are so cute! Spidergirl! Love it! And what an adorable crayon! Well worth the wait. If you ever see any other cute girl costumes or dress up clothes half off send them my way.

Meg said...

I never saw the blue crayon! It is sooooo cute! I love it! I love all of them. Mae looks great all glammed up with sparkles.

Anonymous said...

I think I too would be tempted by the blue crayon, especially if such a cute baby came in it!

Stephanie C. said...

That is definitely the cutest blue crayon I've ever seen!