Monday, August 6, 2012

Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes

Last Christmas I weighed more then I have ever weighed without being pregnant.  It was tough to be so big; tough for my self esteem and tough for my wardrobe.  For the first time I had to shop in the XL size and the 14 was just too tight.  It wasn't good or pretty.  So I started running and dieting.  My goal has been to just keep going.  Whatever happens; if I have a bad day, or even a sick week, I get back on the wagon as soon as possible.  To date I have lost over 25 pounds and over 4 inches off my waist.  Currently I am still in a size 14, but with the belt cinched in to keep them up.   The progress is slow, but it is steady and I continue to tweak things as needed.  I run twice a week at the gym now instead of outside.  I miss my running buddies, but I don't really like running and am not gonna do it in 100+ weather.  I get in at least 2-3 days of Chalean weights a week.  I purchased 15lbs weights a few months back and love using them.  I have to brag that my shoulders look amazing.  It makes me want to wear sleeveless shirts cause my shoulders are beautiful.  I have always been blessed to carry very little of my fat on my arms, (it all hangs out lower down south,) but now they are looking crisp.  My abs need a little help so August is now ab month.  They are my focus and I am doing these little ab exercises daily.  I also have a goal of stopping with the soda, but that isn't going too well.  I know that I really need to kick up my cardio if I want to get to my ideal weight, but that would take a great time commitment which I am just not ready to do right now.  But as of today I am smaller then I have been since before I was pregnant with Mae.  I am wearing clothes that I haven't worn in years and I am encouraged to keep going, which is the most important part. 

No before or after pictures cause I hate taking pictures of myself.  Even if lose all the weight I will still be burdened with self esteem issues about my other features.

6 comments:

Liz said...

awesome! way to go, Em!

Jenn said...

25 lbs! That's awesome! I can't run in this heat either -- it's killing my goal to become a runner. Oh well. Just got to do what is motivating. Before/after pics are one of my favorite things in life -- so I'd love to see some. I at least want to see pics of your shoulders! :)

Kasey said...

Way to go!

I can't wait for running weather! The treadmill is so much harder for me!

Meg said...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. You're smokin'! Running in the fall is such a treat. Just wait for it. Great job sticking with a program, especially in this heat. You should get a medal for doing ANY physical exercise in this weather!

Stephanie C. said...

That's awesome Emily! You looked cute on Sunday, I just can't get over how darned awesome your hair cut is. You're a beautiful gal, inside and out, don't tell yourself otherwise.

Anonymous said...

You and Jenn are totally putting me to shame! When I do a 20 minute walk, I am like, "Look at how awesome I am!" Before we went on vacation I was walking about 20mins/day, but I have not gotten myself out of the house to walk since we got back. Partly the heat, but mostly just lacking motivation even though we've been back a week and a half. That is great that you have stayed disciplined despite the sick days, etc.