Just now...
Me to Jeff: "So what do you want to do tonight?"
Jeff: "Like right now?"
Me: "No, in the next ten years, lets plan."
This actually made me remember a couple from college. He was my home teacher/roommate's brother (nice normal guy), and she was a friend in the ward. They dated for a month or two then got engaged. His sister, (who will go down as one of my bitchiest roommates ever, an impressive title to attain,) told me about a meeting the couple had had with the bride's parents. Before they were allowed to get married, (yeah red flag right there,) the presumed groom needed to set some goals. They worked out a ten year plan for him that included job ambitions, spiritual standards and even weight loss goals. Now I have no idea whether or not they are still together, they did get married, so I assume he must have passed the prerequisites. This was a little over ten years ago so I kinda wonder how the ten year plan panned out.
Monday, October 15, 2012
What do you want to do?
Posted by Emily Larkin at 8:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
so this is sort of unrelated, but your first post is about marriage and a 10 year plan. Then the next post is called, "not in the plans" and there's a picture of spikey laying there. I know that post is about the HSA and glasses, but you have to scroll down for that part, so I enjoyed a good laugh about him looking like a surprise baby before reading on ;)
Post a Comment