Sunday, August 24, 2008

I am not Pregnant


I am not pregnant and I am okay with that. I really am. Everything that has happened recently has actually driven away all desire to be pregnant and have a baby for the near future. I shudder at the thought of hauling around two kids. I have reaffirmed my decision to have one for right now.


That being said it seems like there is a baby boom going on. It seems like everyone I know under 40 is either pregnant, had a baby in the last 6 months, or is trying to get pregnant. There are like 15 pregnant women in my ward, not kidding here. I am super happy for all these people, I really am, (hey, if I don't have to care for them then babies are cute.)


What I am feeling is a bit outnumbered, (yes, I realized that it is a bit hypocritical since technically I was one of them until recently, but lets ignore that.) I want to hear announcements of who is not pregnant. If you are not pregnant say it out loud. Pregnant women get to announce their news so I am going to announce mine. I AM NOT PREGNANT. Who's with me? (If you are planning to become pregnant you are still allowed to add yourself to the list if you want.)

17 comments:

Kasey said...

I am not pregnant either!

I just realized that if every person who wasn't pregnant announced it here, then we could figure out who all the 15 are, since I only know about a handful of them! ;P

Jenn said...

NOT PREGNANT. That felt good. Thank you. :)

banananutmeg said...

NOT pregnant.

Better get started on those onesies! Baby Boob = baby showers....LOTS of them.

Sarah R said...

I too am not pregnant! Congrats to us all! And it was nice to talk to you tonight. :) Have a great week!

The Graces said...

Not pregnant either--although it is not such a happy thing for me. Fifteen pregnant women in the ward. For someone who CAN'T have anymore children, but wants them--can you say TORTURE!

CJDRISH said...

No more babies here!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been pregnant for 20 years, and I'm not going to start now!

Liz said...

I'm THRILLED to say I'm not pregnant! :) (Do i count though?? :)

Emily Larkin said...

Yes, Liz I think you count, but only cause you went so far over your due date.

Anonymous said...

I'm not pregnant! Thanks goodness. Three kids is more than enough for me.

banananutmeg said...

i just checked back to read who else is not pregnant, and realized that i totally typed baby "boob" instead of baby BOOM. I guess it still kind of fits, babies and boobs DO go together...I suppose "ON" each other only applies one way.

Tanya Murray said...

Not preggo.

Emily, you're admirable for handling all of this so well.

Meg, read the boobs things & thought---bold, but funny!
I could use some of those baby "boob" right about now since mine are pretty much MIA.

Claudia said...

I am not pregnant! ps I love your posts :)

Amanda said...

Hello, Emily! I just found your blog (thanks Joni) and am loving it! It makes me miss you. Can't join the "not pregnant" list, but there have been moments in the last 3 years where I've been fetus-free. So that counts, right?

Emily Larkin said...

Ooh, Amanda I am such a big fan of your blog, I even have a link to it. So many beautiful girls- which of course I take some credit, for it was I who said the beautiful people need to get together and look what happened!

joni said...

Not pregnant! I may still look pregnant, but i am slowly working on that. Food is just too good!

ST said...
This comment has been removed by the author.