Are you excited?
1. FOX News: I used to see clips of Fox News on The Daily Show, (which is obviously liberally biased,) and think that they were taken out of context for laughs. How could it really be that ridiculous. Surely these clips were picked out just to make conservatives look bad. Nope, I actually had to watch about an hour of it in the hospital waiting room and yes, it is that bad. I cannot stand criticism of the government that is just for the sake of criticism. If you don't like something try to fix it. And don't wait until 2012 to do something, do something now. You all know I voted for Obama, oh wait my dad reads this now, ummm, oh whatever, so I don't agree with everything Obama does, but I don't want him to fail. He is our president, I want us to succeed. Not everything is a left wing conspiracy and people who think it is are wasting their time and talents.
2. Facebook suggestions to reconnect: If I wanted to talk to that person I would. I have a cap for facebook friends, which I have recently increased from 100 to 115. When it was at 100 I started deleting people to add more. This caused me to really evaluate who I wanted to know my business and connect with. I deleted about 8 people I realized I probably shouldn't have added in the first place, or really had nothing to say to them but they were a friend of a friend. I am now pretty selective so if you are still there, good for you, that means you are intelligent, witty, and a good friend.
3. Summer Vacation: Since I don't have kids in school, summer is mostly marked by the absence of my friends. Right now most of my dearest friends are out of town for various amounts of time. It is already hard enough to live away from family, I hate having my friends gone too. You should see our ward on Sundays it's like a bomb went off and took away 2/3 of all the people. (Or maybe they are just not coming cause I have offended them all.) Anyway, come home everybody. And no, I am not going anywhere.
4. McCafe's: My real beef, (Ha.. Ha.. Ha.. totally not intended,) is with the idea of turning all the play places of the fast food world into sheik coffee houses where children are not welcome. What happened to the day of giant foam insulated playground/domes where you could shove your kids into and watch from behind the quite peace of Plexiglases? Why does everyone want to go after the hipster market. I remember reading an business article a few years ago about how Burger King missed the ball by not making itself the "hipster" place for yuppies while McDonald's was going after the family market. Burger King tried to get the kiddies too and just looked like a pale imitation. Now that McDonald's is dropping the kids maybe Burger King should pick them up. I want PLAY PLACES! Now my Utah readers will have no idea what I am talking about cause play places are in abundance there, but this is not the case everywhere else. We have had lots of McDonald's open round abouts lately and none of them came with play places. Only one in the area has a play place and they NEVER clean it. Chick-fil-A has them, but you can only eat so much overpriced chicken. There are no others. Now that I have rug rats I want a place for them to run, cause heaven forbid I should take them to a park or something.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Things That Must Go XI
Posted by Emily Larkin at 12:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
there's really nothing worse than hearing "FB told me to catch up with you. How's it going?" from your sister.
Em you make me laugh! I love hearing your vents, b/c it's like you're venting for me!
A month or two ago, I decided to meet a friend for lunch. We live close to her work so I took the kids and we met up. This place was packed w/ people lunching from work, and I got so many cold stares, of why the hell are you here? Shouldn't you be at a Mcdonald's with those kids?? There was no place to sit, So I had to stand there w/ two wiggly kids waiting for a place to sit, and we didn't occupy that whole place or anything, we didn't have stroller, car seat, diaper bag and such, Just two little kids.
Yes, I love taking them to the play place but once in a blue moon I want to go somewhere better, and I was treated like crap.
Now I have to go and check if I am still friends with you on facebook.:) We are also not going anywhere for the rest of the summer if you guys want to come and hang out.
I love Things That Must Go...channels my inner snark.
When FB tells me to reconnect with someone, it is usually a friend that I actually think is bad at keeping in contact with me. So I promptly send them a message, letting them know that their lives are now so pathetic even computers feel sorry for them. It opens up a beautiful dialogue :)
haha...usually fb is telling me to connect with my husband. wtf?!
oh...and FOX NEWS! AHHHHH! I hate that channel. It is the only thing my mom watches/does/talks about. And yeah, I was the same - usually getting my fox news intake via stewart or colbert.
lame.
that's why i like NPR, no insane people screaming and calling everyone nazis. It seems like they just want to start fights but do nothing about anything.
Post a Comment