
So I totally don't believe in those Magic Eye posters that were big in the 90's. I never saw anything and I don't believe anyone else did either. They were just too gutless to admit it. Despite that I am a big fan of optical illusions. They can be fun. Do you see the old woman or the young woman? The bunny or the duck? That sort of thing. Sometimes it seems like ultrasounds are optical illusions. The older they are the harder it is to tell what you are seeing. The following is my very first picture. 
Nothing like technology from 1981. Can't make out a darn thing. Times have changed and now you can see some cool things. Some people even get the 4D Ultrasounds which I personally think are wicked creepy. I have found that I can see my kids pretty well in their ultrasounds, or so I thought. Upon closer inspection of this picture of Spike I was reading the caption, "FACE," so wait a minute; I thought this was a profile shot at first. RIGHT??? 
ARG!!! If this is a straight on shot then that is one hell of a crazy demon baby right? Are those glowing eyes? He's staring right at me. Look at that mouth? Are those vampire fangs? I thought Mae was gonna be my problem kid.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Optical Illusion or Prophecy of Doom?
Posted by Emily Larkin at 2:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I can totally see the old woman and the young woman. But then again, I am above average...hahaha. But ultrasounds, they definitely elude me...I thought profile shot too. I would not even go near the 3/4D ultrasounds; I would rather just wait than be completely creeped out by my unborn child.
Hahahaha -- I love this. I totally saw profile shot, too. I guess our minds just don't want to see our demon babies. It's understandable.
Ultrasounds elude me. Except I could sort of figure on one that was labeled 'winke.' Ya, that's one to frame for wall mounting. =P
But I love magic pictures. It is not always possible for everyone to see them though. Something to do with eye dominance and maybe astigmatisms.
The trick is focusing your eyes beyond the surface of the paper. Is same principle used in photogrametry. Though, they have table mounted spectacles to help when they don't feel like crossing their eyes.
After awhile I could make my parents' wall paper do it too. It was very stripe-y. =)
Hannah
Post a Comment