Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Brothers and Sisters
Siblings are great aren't they? The good, the bad, and the ugly all come from siblings and I suppose it is better to have them then not in the end. Poor Spikey, I came across Mae and Spike playing a two man version of Duck, Duck, Goose this morning. It consisted of her hitting him over and over again on the head while yelling Duck, Duck, Duck! My own siblings never cease to surprise me. I assumed that by this point in our adult lives we would all know what we were doing and nothing new would come up. I just about dropped my phone when I heard my older sister Suzanne was headed out to "The Compound" for awhile. I am a smidge jealous since I miss my parents, but to be honest I admit I would prefer to be visiting my parents some place new. I love family, but I want to go somewhere new. Living in Arkansas for so long has made me miss seeing new things. It also doesn't help that my parents were super awesome about taking us on family vacations. I remember we would just drop everything and go to Chicago, Minnesota, or St. George for a long weekend. On a long trip home from Utah to Omaha my mom turned left all of the sudden and took us to L.A. and San Fransisco. How cool is she? So I want to go somewhere new. I honest to goodness could go the rest of my life without going to Utah ever again. Love the people just done with the state. It made me a bit sad the other day thinking about how my kids have never been to a beach. I think a trip to the gulf is in order in the next few years. Anyone want to go to the Gulf?
Posted by Emily Larkin at 9:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment