 |
| Mae had a tea party this afternoon |
I ran my first 5k this morning. Last night I got a message from my running friend Kasey and I asked if she wanted to go for a run in the morning. She happened to have some free passes to run a local 5k/10k from her work and suggested we do that. I am glad she did it was a nice change of pace. I woke up this morning at six and shockingly my children were still asleep! That never ever happens. What are the odds? So Kasey and I went a ran the 5k and it was kinda fun. I enjoy running with her, and because she hadn't run in awhile, I was able to keep up. It was a bit weird running in a pack of people. While at first it was nice and distracting, after awhile it was annoying when people right in front of you would just stop. Ummm you can't stop when people are running right behind you. It reminded me of why I hate driving with the cruise control. Other's changing acceleration bothers me. Anyway, it was fun. I didn't have my phone on me which is sad cause I missed Jeff and the kids who came down to cheer me on but couldn't find me. There was a really nice sense of community and kindness going on at the race. I have no idea what my time is and I don't care. I was just happy to know that I ran most of it and I feel like I could have pushed myself a bit harder, but it was also nice to not be exhausted for the rest of the day. I have no idea if I will run another, maybe. My friend Meg wants to do a half marathon next spring and I like the idea of training for something so I'll shoot for that. For me running is still all about weight loss and exercise with a nice little social component.
2 comments:
YES! Congrats on your first race! Something about wearing a numbered bib just makes the entire event more enjoyable. It's probably a good thing to not focus on the time anyway because that particular 5K course is not an easy one, so it wouldn't be fair to you to consider what you ran today's race as your official 5K time.
I'm pretty sure you could've toasted me today if you weren't hanging back with me. That humidity was KILLER and I can't believe they ran out of water! Next time we'll be good and trained and actually run a race. Taking the summer off running was not by best idea...thanks for helping keep me motivated to get back out there.
Post a Comment