Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mae Your Days Be Merry and Bright

I will never ever tire of puns.  I don't know much about our next kid, (other then they are still a good 3-4 years away,) but I do know their name will be a word like all the other kids.  Anyway, I thought I would mention how much I have come to enjoy Mae.  It seems like she has been such a terror these last two years with a few exceptional bursts of cuteness.  (Just enough to keep her alive.)  While we haven't per say had a break through with her speech, she has been slowly making progress, and I feel like we are now able to effectivly communicate with each other.  This has made all the difference in the world.  She and I are both happier.  She still throws tantrums, but there are less of them and it is helpful for my stress levels to atleast know what they are about.  We don't have any of the car screaming that was killing me, because we can now tell her where we are going or that we will be home soon.  Potty training is going slowly but atleast it has begun.  But Mae is just a new girl.  She plays by herself, (a welcome change from Max,) and is mostly happy during the day.  Mae currently loves Minnie Mouse and Hello Kitty.  She begs to go to the park any time we get in the car and loves playing with other kids.  She thinks the name for all kids is friend.  Any times she see a new kid she calls out "Friend!"  She loves her friends.  Her best friend is a little girl named Emmy.  These two are adorable togther.  It is fun to hear her talk about Emmy and give her hugs.  Mae loves to hug all kids.  Her speech and developmental therapy are going well, but I don't see a whole lot of progress in her physical therapy.  Yesterday her physical therapist said we needed to work on Mae core muscles.  I mentioned that I needed to work on my abs also.  She looked at me and agreed.  Ouch!  Mae is my cutie pie bubbles again which is good, cause Spike is demon monster who has his mommy's temper and anger management issues.

0 comments: