Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It just hurts too much


I usually stand strong and fight the good fight. I do consider myself a fighter, sometimes that is a good thing sometimes it becomes a bad thing. This past week I have noticed that I have been more upset, short with my family and generally grouchy. (No before you all start guessing I am not pregnant.) I think the problem is that I have oddly been worked up about all the Mormon hate going on in the news. I firmly believe in the passage of proposition 8, and I also believe that it was passed in a democratic election where the people got to choose what they wanted. Why no rallies to get people to vote? Why only hate afterwards, whatever, I usually don't hide from the world, but in this case I feel that for the sake of my mental health I need to take a small break. For the next week I am going to step away from the computer, (something I have been thinking would probably be a good thing anyway)and CNN. I need a vacation from hate and anger. So I will see you all next week.

2 comments:

banananutmeg said...

I'm disappointed, but not surprised by the aftermath of the passing of prop 8, and actually have friends in California leaving the LDS church over it...which again I'm disappointed, but not surprised about that either. Good for you for stepping away. I'm like a moth to the flame and I can't look away just yet, but probably should, since I feel myself getting more upset every time I log onto my computer.

Jill said...

I know how you feel, I stopped watching all news. I could not take it. I too really don't understand why groups are fighting now when the PEOPLE have spoken.