Last month I read the Annotated Wizard of Oz. I had never picked up any of the Oz books before, but I wanted something to read, and figured that the annotated part would make it better. I really liked the book, despite the fact that I had creeped out memories from seeing, "Return to Oz," as a kid, and I never like the Judy Garland version,(atleast not without Pink Floyd.) The book is a wonderful children's tale; Dorothy is an incredible brave, smart, and kind girl. Since reading the book, I have been shocked at how many references to the Wizard of Oz are in everyday life. They are everywhere, in so many shows, songs, and movies. This book has had an incredible impact on American Culture. Anyhoo, long post short, if you get a chance read the book. Even small toddlers are not immune from Wizard of Oz influences. Thanks Jenny for getting this picture.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
We're off to see the Wizard
Posted by Emily Larkin at 2:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
very cute!!
that's wicked cute, if there is such a thing.
I love that they're on the stage, it looks like they're about to perform. Cute!
Post a Comment