Monday, March 2, 2009

Come on Everybody Ride the Train


My parents never cease to suprise me with their varied interests. From cattle raising to modern art. From gourmet cooking to Steven Segal movies, these guys love everything. During a suprise visit this weekend, we decided to attend the local model train show. Last Christmas my mother got a model train for her Department 56 Village and she has become quite the enthusiast since. I assumed that when we got there Max would be the most enthralled by the trains, but while his interest was mild at best, my mother and father were walking around chatting it up and scouring for deals and steals. It was very bizzare, shocking almost how they could get so hooked in three months. Very cute though. The rest of the trip was nice but short. It has been awhile since we have gathered. We saw them last July in Utah and then it was almost a year before that. They hadn't seen my home since 2006. The really rewarding parts were how quickly Max became attached to my dad. It took him about ten min before he was competely in love with the big guy. He spent much of the weekend giving his grandpa hugs and kisses. It was also nice that my parents like what Jeff and I have done to the house. When it comes to interior design, I hold my parents opinion in the highest esteem, I mean it is what they do for a living, so it was a good boost to my self esteem. (it should probably be confessed that it helped that my taste in art is very similiar to my mothers.) And the very best part of the trip was that my mommy made me two loafs of honey oatmeal bread!!!! Oh yeah this stuff is gold. Jeff isn't even allowed to look at it; I have forbidden him. I must make this last, because I have forbidden myself from making it because I don't want to be so fat I need a crane to get me out of bed. I am more excited about this then the pie that is also in my fridge. Yup the weekend visit was short but an excellent one none the less.

1 comments:

Hillary Sperry said...

How fun! I love when my kids enjoy my parents... particularly when they enjoy my parents more than Alex's, but we don't tell him that :) I'm glad you were well taken care of. It sounds like a fun visit!