Sunday, March 8, 2009

Emily and Steve or Jeff and Emily?


I have finally overcome some laziness and added some blogs to my list that I have been a fan of for quite some time. They are friends out here in Arkansas and I enjoy getting their updates, especially now that I have been home sick so much. I have chosen to list the blogs by family name in most cases, to make it easier to know who it is to the reader. I think first names are a bit vague. Where there are first names, I have omitted the last name by the person's request or they are single (not that that's a crime, but it seemed funny to list a family of one.) I appreciate the effort people go to when coming up with clever names for their blogs, but if someone clicks on their blog then they'll see the name eventually. If anyone is annoyed by this or has a request then please let me know, I am more then willing to change. I get a kick out of how my blog is listed on friends blogs. One friend has me listed as Emily and Steve, I am not sure if she is referring to my Dad or thinks that Jeff's name is Steve. The only one that really bothers me, is one where Jeff is listed first! Jeff and Emily. Now this is a totally stupid thing to be bugged about, but seriously it is like pulling teeth to get him to even read a post, I certainly don't think he should get top billing. Totally stupid of me, yes, but how I feel none the less. I would rather be Emily and Steve, then Jeff and Emily

9 comments:

Claudia said...

i quickly had to check how i have you listed on my blog. whew... i got it right :o) oh and by the way congratulations on the new baby on the way, that is very exciting news!

joni said...

So on mine you are just Emily because it felt weird to put Jeff since I have never met him and he doesn't exactly contribute to your blog- so are you offended by that? I can change it if you want! I would never want to make a pregnant lady mad!

Emily Larkin said...

Really any way is good. It really is just a compliment to have someone think my blog is worth reading. I just think it is funny more then anything else, mostly funny that it did kinda bother me. I feel the same way about being reffered to as Jeff's wife. I love him and love being his wife, but sometimes it feels a bit like, "hey! I am a seperate person of note!" I did kinda wonder why I wasn't partnered up with Jeff on your blog Joni, but it really didn't bother me so I figured you had your reason and you did, (and it was kinda like I had guessed.) I am sad that you never met Jeff though. I hate to think what you would think of him based on all the losers in our ward I used to basically throw myself at. It is amazing how wonderful and better then all those losers he is. If only I had just been patient and trusted in myself then I would have saved us all some drama. I now wish that I had had a wedding reception so that all my friends could have seen what a catch I got.

banananutmeg said...

AW man! Jeff and Emily is MY blog! Sorry about that...I often list husband's names first out of habit...especially if I have a duplicate name in there, Like I have an Emily and Jeff AND an Emily and Steve. I didn't know it bugged you, I'll change it.

BTW-I'm only posting on the private blog now. I'll send you an invite.

Kasey said...

I no longer care about my last name being use, now that my blog is private, fyi.

Lara said...

Yes, I think its a little bit weird to have hubby's name listed on peoples blogs. For starters, my hubby doesn't write on my blog or reads my blog. He hasn't even been on it once to read it. I only have you listed as Emily.

Sarah said...

Can you switch me to first name...por favor? I am one of the paranoid freaks out there...but I have good reason....I will share with you the horror story when we meet again. When WILL we meet again? You name the day - I come with da rollz.

Emily Larkin said...

Oh man, I was dying for cinnamon rolls yesterday. I am so moment by moment with my cravings this time. I don't have any plans next Wednesday or Friday.

Shelly said...

Ok, so when I read this when you had posted it about a week, I knew immediately without even looking that it was probably me since I have no idea what your husband's name is and no idea where I even got it from to list it. I started to change it and then I decided to just leave it since I think it is funny that I got it totally wrong. Sorry!!