I am usually happy to be living in Arkansas. It is the most lovely of states, particularly right now as everything is that lime green spring color. We have just the right mix of city and country, and the people are wonderful. But I need me some family babysitters near by. My parents are the closest at 13 hours away! That's no good. Jeff and I have not been away from Max together (for more then 6 hours) ever. I am not asking for a week here, just a night or two before baby number two comes along. This is truly the one drawback of not living in Utah. (Although frankly if everyone were smart they would move out here, it's way better.) Oh well. That's enough griping. As for good news, I am finally feeling better. Wahoo. I still have one or two bad nights a week, but for the most part it seems like the sickness is behind me. I have also come to terms with the possibility that I might actually have a girl, (we find out in early May.) I want another boy, a playmate for Max, mostly because I don't want to deal with all the drama of girls. I also feel that I won't have any self control when it comes to buying dresses and bows and well have to declare bankruptcy within a few years. One thing that has made me more accepting of the possibility of a girl is that Jeff and I have decided upon a name. It feels totally right and makes me almost excited. If we have a girl she will be named Mae/May Maureen Larkin. As you can see we are not sure how we want to spell Mae/May. But either way doesn't Mae/May and Max go so well together? It has always been my favorite month since my birthday is in May and that is usually when school gets out. It also happens to be the middle name of my best friend and sister Krista (Mae). So really it just fits. Maureen was Jeff and my boss at the BYU Bookstore. But really she was more then that to both of us. She is a good friend whom we always see when we are in Utah and we are so glad to know her. Now I suppose something could happened between now and September to change our minds, but it really does seem like the right fit. Please feel free to participate in the survey as to the Mae/May debate.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I like Mae. We had Ashton's name picked out before we knew it was a boy, and for Maci we picked it about 2 months before, so you never know. I love Mae Maureen, it flows and is so adorable!
I happen to know a slew of family babysitters less than four hours away! Why don't you come down here on a weekend, you and Jeff escape and leave Max with one of us? You could go and stay at a hotel and leave him here. I like Mae too but I'm going to try hard to not do alliteration in my family. I already call them Meggalucy too often, it would be nuts if it were the same first letter!
Hmmm Little Rock I hadn't thought of that....I may take you up on that. Not three comments and my fear has already come true, I am not doing alliteration on purpose, it just happened. If it's a boy it will be Jeffrey Spike Larkin so no M there.
I'm going to vote for Mae. This is my sister's middle name! I kinda like the old fashion spelling on names. If you want to go on a over night. I could watch Max for one night! Let me know?
i didn't say you were doing it on purpose, just that i'm NOT doing it on purpose becasue i know I can't handle it and would never keep my kids straight! then again, who knows what i'll name my next kid! let us know if you want to come down, swim, escape, you know you are always welcome!
Congrats on baby #2! I also vote Mae. :)
Post a Comment