Saturday, November 14, 2009

Well, at least there aren't popsicles sticking out of my mouth.



Max was invited to a birthday party for a girl in his Mom's Day Out class on Halloween. It was held at Fast Lane, a new arcade/bowling alley/ go cart, family fun arena. The party was a blast, tons of food, games, and they even had pony rides. (Was this a bit much for a 3 year olds party? Perhaps, but we did find out that her parents actually owned the place. Wouldn't you throw the party there if you owned it?) Any who, Max loved the pony ride, he was really cute and we got pictures. Unfortunately because Max was so small he needed me to escort him on the horse and I ended up in all the pictures. Uploading the pictures this week I noticed that I looked huge. Yes, I did have a baby 8 weeks ago, but really how long can I use that excuse. The picture looks like the before pictures on the weight loss commercials,(the pictures usually have a fat lady with a cute kid both eating Popsicles or cake or something,) in the commercial the house wife didn't realize how big she was until some shameful incident happened forcing her to reevaluate her life and drop 50-100 lbs. Well I am ready to go. I can't afford weight watchers until we sell our house and pay off debts, so it will have to be old fashioned self control and exercise. I am posting this as a way of holding myself accountable. That is really the most important part for me. I need accountability. If you see me at a relief society thing shoving a dessert into my cake hole, tell me to drop it! I need help, look at the picture, sure the hair is long and pretty, but I am so big now that it really doesn't hide anything. My ultimate goal is to be 130 by my 30th birthday. I have 2.5 years to make that happen, (I need to lose 50 lbs to get there.) I have been okay with the diet part, (super hard to start a diet right after Halloween) but I am happy to say I have started working out again. So occasionally look for fitness updates and goals. My goal this week is to continue to watch what I eat and workout for 30 min. Mon.-Fri. (I do plan to splurge a bit with wedding cake next Saturday at my cousins wedding.)

3 comments:

Lara said...

Ya, I will be calling to check up on you. It's good to make you're goals know to others because you will be more likely to achive them. You can do it.

banananutmeg said...

130! Smokin'!
Yes your hair IS long and pretty.
I'll be the friend to tell you to drop the dessert only if it isn't worth it. Some desserts are worth it and I must say, I think pumpkin gooey butter cake actually DOES taste as good as being skinny feels.
You totally can do it. You were really on a roll and looked totally fantastic before you got pregnant, and I think you look good now, so I have no doubt this will be easier than you think it will be.

I'll go walk or jog w/ strollers at the lake anytime. Especially in the late afternoon when all I want to do is eat chocolate and count the minutes until Aaron gets home.

Sarah R said...

Funny that you say that because when I saw the picture of you and Max, my first thought was, "Wow, she looks great considering she had a baby 2 months ago." Seriously! :)

I'll get on the wagon with you (as soon as I can get this kid out so my appetite becomes a little more normal). We can have our own weight watchers.