Last night I was being a super good girl leaving Jeff and the kids to go to Stake Conference. Driving a bit on autopilot, I was about to turn off of the freeway when I did notice the semi behind me changing lanes, Hmmm I thought, I'm not going that slow. I veer off towards the exit when BAM! Sitting right in the middle of the exit lane is a car coming straight on. I swerved, missed, and ran off the freeway. Luckily the car and I were alright. Scarily enough, the car kept going onto the freeway in the wrong direction! With no cell phone, I turned and drove to a nearby fire station, where lucky someone who had seen the whole thing had already told the station. As I got back into my car I could hear police sirens drive North in pursuit of the car. I drove a few blocks to the chapel and went inside. I probably would have gotten some spiritual comfort from the conference, but I just was too shaken and wanted my husband. But what to do, I didn't want to drive home. We only have one car and the kids were in bed. Thank heavens my ward is full of such wonderful people in attendance at conference. Quickly I saw my sweet Relief Society President who gladly drove me home and provided me with relief. I hope she didn't miss too much of the conference. I am doing well now and am very grateful for my lovely friend. So yeah, for those who saw my brief and weird breakdown in the chapel last night that's why. Ooof I hate public breakdowns.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Shaken, Not Stirred
Posted by Emily Larkin at 7:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Emily, I think this is your sign that you passed the temple test!!! Probably would have had a worse outcome if you'd been on your way to, I don't know, rob a bank or something, but you were on your way to stake conference. Go you! Glad you are ok!!! Stupid idiot drivers...
How scary! No doubt that would shake anyone up! So glad you were protected and all is good!!
Take about being shaken up! I would of done the same thing. Some people need to learn how to drive!
I met that same car on the 540, probably not long after you did. It is way scary to see headlights coming right at you on the freeway. Thankfully the car was as far onto the shoulder as possible, but I still had to swerve to miss it. Glad you made it out of the way safely. I never did find out what happened and why that car was going down the freeway on the wrong side.
I'm glad that you are okay. I can certainly understand why you were shaken. It's events like this that make me so anxious when I have to drive on the freeway. Do you still have any of your old cellphones? Even if you are no longer using that carrier, the phones will still work for 911 calls. You can't make regular phone calls with them, just 911. You may want to charge one up and take it with you just in case you ever need it.
Post a Comment