Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Who wouldn't want to go to Vegas tomorrow?


The one guy who is going there, my dad. I just spoke to him and there is not a man alive who is less enthused about his upcoming work trip. I tried to point out the better weather, to which he reminded me that it freezes in Vegas in the winter. I asked about the hotel, suggested activities and shopping but no go. The guy is not happy. Why are these opportunities wasted on those who don't want them? When I suggested that he use the time to shop for my parents upcoming anniversary, (I let him know the location of Tiffany's, Cartier, and the Department 56 store,) but he let me know that the 34th wedding anniversary is the Big Screen T.V. anniversary. He said he read it in Hallmark or something. Hmmmm must be a newer list.

What anniversary are you celebrating this year? (We are going for eight years this summer.) What is the appropriate gift for that anniversary. (Eight would be bronze or pottery.)

Wouldn't you like to be in Vegas tomorrow?

Have you ever had to go someplace you were dreading for work? (and no, your everyday work place does not count.)

6 comments:

Stephanie C. said...

We'll celebrate our 4th in February! I remember dreading going to Alaska in the winter for the second time; dark, cold, long flight, dark, oh and cold. But it wasn't for work, just to maintain in-law friendliness.

Jenn said...

We're going for 8 this year, too. I don't anticipate getting or giving bronze or pottery, though. I'm just hoping we can go out without kids. :)

Carol said...

The temperatures are supposed to be in the 60s the next few days so it should be comfortable. He'd probably like going to Vegas more if your mom was going with him.

banananutmeg said...

bronze or pottery??? Where did this magical list of appropriate gifts come from? You should totally post it.

you could count pretty new dishes as pottery, you know. And bronzer or new make up could probably pass as "bronze". Just sayin'...

Our 10th is coming up. I'm getting us passports and a map. Depending on where we decide to go, the actual trip might take another year or two of saving, but I'm excited about it nonetheless.

banananutmeg said...

I'd take vegaas over this. They have in n out.

Anonymous said...

I don't even LIKE vegas and I would go to vegas right now...that's how much I need to get away :) We're on our 4th anniversary this year, which apparently is flowers or linen/silk. Flowers from Neal would be nice. I have no clue what I'd do with linen or silk, which is fine because I probably won't be getting any of those things -- we decided to get married mid-semester so until school is over it is a non-event.