A short shout out to the most beautiful person I know, my mom. My mom is lovely. I could write a book about how wonderful my mom is but I am hot and tired so I'll have to just go with some short thanks and notes.
Thanks mom for taking me to classic skating so many times. Roller rinks stink.
Thank you for giving me my love of art. I was just telling Jeff that I don't think I ever took a family vacation without stopping at at least one art museum. I have been missing them lately.
Thanks mom for making me so many pretty dresses as a child and young adult. And thank you for making my children such beautiful clothes. Just about every women who walks into my house gets shown Mae's blessing dress, whether they want to or not.
Thank you for drilling the mantra, "When you leave a room just look around and see what you can take with you," into my head. Best advise ever! Poor Jeff hears it at least three times a week.
Thank you for driving me all around Omaha for auditions and rehearsals.
Thank you for passing down your perfect fingernails down to me. They are my favorite physical feature, so no surprise that they came from you.
Thank you for loving my children almost as much as I do. It is nice to have someone to call and share all the adorable things they do.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Each Flower Reminds Me of You
Posted by Emily Larkin at 5:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
So I think I need more explanation about the leaving-a-room mantra. Is this for trips to hotels? Take the soap, etc. Or is this to clean things up around the house? I admit I have been amusing myself with all the possibilities :)
Post a Comment