Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bang your head on the wall and just wait for next week's craziness.

So I LOVE my ward. I really do. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else or be in any other ward. They have been supportive to me and my family, and I appreciate the wonderful Spirit that I often feel at church. That being said they sure do some incredibly CRAZY things. Over and over again. Sometimes it feels like every week there is some new email that just makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs, What is Wrong With These People?!? Today I came home from a play date and opened my email to see that for Father's Day this year they are going to make individual loaves of bread for all the guys. Now if whoever came up with the cockamamie idea wants to make 130+ loaves themselves then I say, "more power to you Sister," but no, this person, suffering from temporary insanity, wants us all to make our own- cause I am sure we don't have enough to do to get father's day ready at home. Nope, I am sure none of the mother's are going to be working to help kids make/buy a present for dad and make a special meal. I appreciate that it is a new idea, "thinking outside of the box," if you will, but it is a really incomplete idea. There is a reason we all do the chocolate bar thing, it's a winner! Everybody wins!

I am not going to say much about last week's enrichment, mostly cause I love so many of the lovely ladies on the Enrichment committee, and mostly cause I think the following email speaks for itself.

Good Morning Sisters,

Just a quick little reminder...
Hoof it to the Church on June 2nd at 6:30 pm and join us as we learn about being an 8 Cow Woman! From Mad Cow to Holy Cow and every Cow in-between!
Be an 8 Cow Woman emotionally, physically, & spiritually. Then stay to make Sunday quiet activities that will help contain the herd.
Invite any stray Heifers to join us!

So wrong and so beyond offensive in so many many ways..... I feel like I need to live in fear of opening my email each week.

4 comments:

Claudia said...

that's funny....you just made me really greatful for the "crazies" in my ward/neighborhood :)

Teriney said...

LOL you kill me! Love your post!

Lara said...

I always thought it was the YW's responsibility to come up with the gift to pass out on Father's Day. The YW should be the one's to prepare all of the loaves of bread. What ever happened to passing out something simple like chocolate. Plus, I'm not sure who wrote that email about Enrichment but it wasn't me.

Carol said...

Our ward usually gives the fathers a "Sugar Daddy" candy bar. For Mother's Day they have given us Kara chocolates for the past several years. Of course the owner of Kara chocolates lives in our ward.