Monday, October 17, 2011
You Can't Always Get What You Want
I live in a wonderful community where I have many stay at home mom friends. The benefit being that I can often rely on others to help me out with the kids at short notice. It has been surprisingly easy to find people to watch the older two kids while I am away at the Compound in a few weeks. The easiest was finding care for Max. As always, everyone loves Max. He is an agreeable guy who plays well with others and listens to the adult in charge. He is also fairly good for me. He is old enough to not get into EVERYTHING and old enough to stay away from my dumbbells when I am working out. When I need some alone time and the other two are asleep, I can set him in front of the PlayStation and go do something. Mae is the problem She gets into everything and is always interested in what I am doing and how she can disrupt it. Here's the rub, people are always offering to watch Max for me. It is super nice, but not really needed. What I need is time away from her. No one really wants an extra two year old no matter how much of a cutie pie bubble she is. Oh well. I suppose that if nothing else, atleast Max is getting some good playdate time.
Posted by Emily Larkin at 1:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is the problem with age 2. I have the same thing with Corbin. I can take Quincy shopping with me, and in stores with breakables and say, "don't touch anything, this is a grown up store" and she will resist the urge to pull all of the clothes off the tables or touch the leaning tower of glasses.
Luckily, it's a short lived phase. I'm nearing the end and it's getting better. I know what you mean though. It is near impossible to leave a 2 yr old with anyone that does not already have a 2 yr old at home.
You know you can hit me up to watch mae.
I said I could watch her so just let me know the day and time.
Post a Comment