Thursday, September 10, 2009

All By Myself.. Or Girls Weekend!


I added the exclamation point to try to pump myself up. The picture is to get me into the wedding spirit and remember that I have had and hopefully will have a waist again. I just waved goodbye to Jeff and Max who are on their way to Utah via Tulsa for the weekend to see Jeff's little sister Megan get married. I have very mixed feelings about this. I am actually not worried at all about going into labor, while my c-section is scheduled for the 22nd, my due date isn't until the 28th, so the chances of my going into labor that early are slim. (And the doctor examined me this morning and said it wasn't gonna happen.) Just in case my friend Samantha has strict instructions to keep her cell phone turned up and on the night stand. Mostly I am worried about getting lonely. I didn't do so well the last time the boys left me a few years ago, and I wasn't pregnant then. I do have lots of things to do to keep me busy and will try to take advantage to the free time to go places I don't normally get to go, but on the other hand I am not so mobile and can't do much without wearing myself out. Grrr... I am trying not to be whinny, No this will be a good thing. I am happy for my sister in law, (although I really want some wedding cake right now.) Jeff and Max will have a good time too, Jeff is really looking forward to seeing his family. Just to be clear Jeff left the decision to go totally up to me and I approved, but that doesn't mean I didn't get way too much satisfaction out of telling people that he was going out of town a week and a half before the baby. The best was when he was with me and everyone would start glaring and verbally abusing him. I was recently told that the only time he was mentioned in ward gossip it was for being way to nice and good to me, (his evil wife) so hopefully this incident will put us more on equal footing. I miss my guys already but hope they have a fun trip. Jeff has the cell phone so if you want me you'll have to catch me at home, (which hopefully I will not be at too much.) Lets all just pray I don't have the baby this weekend.

4 comments:

banananutmeg said...

movie. pedicure. massage. (have you called jennifer? amazing!) food. more food. movie. naptime whenever YOU want it to be. guilt free reading of books all day long.

no cartoons on the tv! how nice will that be? watch something trashy and totally non-kid-friendly.

I think being alone for a weekend will be fantastic! You said you didn't do so well last time they left you, but you went and did service for other people. That's pretty nice, if you ask me. spoil yourself rotten this time.

Emily Larkin said...

Yes, no "Max and Ruby" all weekend long. That in and of itself is enough!

banananutmeg said...

thanks for the cake. Chocolate and conversation can change everything. yummy.

Cassandra said...

Meg's comment has left me extremely jealous of your situation. AHHHHH, the relaxation that you will (better) have! I just hate being alone at night. Spend the night over at a friends! :) Hope you have lots of fun, and YOU time!