Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Plans of Mice and Men


Having a scheduled C-section a week before my due date it really didn't occur to me that she would actually come early. I was a bit worried that she would come while the boys were out of town, but not really, deep down inside I was sure everything would happen as planned on the 22nd. I had so many little things to finish; bills to get in the mail, floors to mop, I wanted to get a mani-pedi, buy a nursing bra, attend stake conference, have my baby shower....oh well. Jeff and Max arrived home on Monday evening. They had a flight delay and were tired when the pulled in around nine. Max was super tired and homesick Tuesday morning, but I took him to Mom's Day Out anyway so I could check some things off my list. I ended up feeling sick and sleeping on the couch instead. When Jeff got home we went to Walmart to look at computer screens to fix ours so Jeff could download all the pictures he took over the weekend. Yeah and wouldn't you know there at Walmart the contractions started. Just like with Max they started three to five min apart and just kept coming. We went home and called the doctor. Of course my doctor wasn't on call, but the doctor told me to come in after an hour. We dropped Max off at Claudia's house and off to the hospital. Then the waiting began. I got there at seven and was not dilated more then a cm. It stayed there until one a.m. The doctors decided to keep me overnight but Jeff decided to go home and get some sleep. They gave me some sleeping pills and I was out until 1:30 when I woke up with serious contractions and had dilated to a 5. We were ready to go. I called Jeff and he turned around and came right back! We were ready to go. The C-section went really well. It felt super weird but was fast and not painful. 2:54 a.m. The baby came out and wow, how beautiful. 8lbs 4 oz. 20.5 inches. She cried and was whisked away to be cleaned and I was sewed up. My doctor did a fantastic job. I totally love her and and so happy she was there to do the procedure. (Which she did with her husband who is her partner, how cute is that. where did they get a babysitter at that hour?) If you ever want to see her in action she is the doctor for the Duggars of the TLC show 18 and Counting. (she said she hates being on t.v.) We are all doing really good. I felt so good that I left the hospital on Thursday afternoon. Jeff had taken really good care of us all. We are all a bit tired. We are still not fully unpacked from the Utah trip, oh well. Mae is a doll. I will post all about her tomorrow. Yup so much for plans. Still want my shower though...and the mani-pedi.

3 comments:

Carol said...

I guess that she was just anxious to get here. She sure has cute chubby cheeks. I'm glad that you're doing okay. I couldn't believe that they let you come home so soon.

Erin said...

I'm looking foward to your shower too. She is so cute. Doesn't it always happen that plans just never seem to work out. Still I would rather go early than late. I am always up for a few less days of being miserable.

Sarah R said...

Congrats!!! All I can say is we are SOOOOO happy Jeff was back for the birth. It was great to have him visit, but I'm glad he was able to be with you.