So yes, we bought a new house instead of a new car. I don't regret that choice, I love my new huge house, but I was really planning on a bigger car for the new baby. Max's car seat was a hand me down from way back when and was therefore much smaller then the industrial size seat Mae has. Her seat fits out tiny sentra but just barely and with the front passenger having knees in the glove compartment. We took her out a few times like this but it was uncomfortable for her and me. So we moved her seat to the middle. This became the cause of a huge meltdown for Max. Apparently he has only tolerated Mae as long as he had his personal space. Well that has now been violated in the car. He cried and whined all afternoon and evening. He has also been taking it out on me saying he doesn't like me and only wanting Jeff. I am trying not to take it personally, but how would you feel if Max said he didn't like you?
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
After I had Bella, Hannah did pretty well but one time I tried to put Bella on Hannah's bed. Hannah freaked. She started swatting at Bella's feet and saying she couldn't be on her bed. Now she loves her though and can't get enough Bella time. I am sure he will warm up, especially when Mae starts doing more than just sleeping, eating, and pooping all the time.
oh sad! it's good for him, though. And really, with a new baby in the house, if not the car seat, then another thing surely would spark the meltdown of the older sibling.
It hurts to have him say that, but it's pretty normal. After being the only child for 3 years it's hard when someone else comes in and takes all of mommy's time and attention. Just ask Jeff how he felt when Megan came along after 7 years of being the baby.
Cute kids, Em! Good thing you "beautiful people" got together (in your words)!
Post a Comment