
Max loves to help me in the kitchen. Everyday this week he has begged to help me cook. We have a folding chair in our master bedroom that he gets out and slides over to wherever I am working. It has taken a bit of extra planning and time to come up with ways for him to safely help, but it has been well worth it. Not only do I like the company, but I find myself wanting to cook more then before. It all started with some black bottom cupcakes I made last week. This was perfect cause it has lots of dry ingredients to pour into bowls. I scoop up the flour, sugar.. and help him dump it in the bowl. We even have this mini toy wire whisk that he uses to help stir. When I made apple pie this week Max helped me use the apple peeler machine. He is getting quite good at it. When meals are less help friendly we like to empty the dishwasher. I let him sort the silverware, (after the sharp knives have been removed.) Two days ago on Oprah they had a favorite recipe's segment and the Naked Chef made a really easy "funky spaghetti." The best part was that it was super kid friendly. Max loved squishing the cherry tomatoes in with the basil. I think it was extra fun for him cause we picked up the vegetables at the farmers market earlier that morning. The meal turned out super good and it was nice to have my guys eating a yummy nutritious meal we had all helped make. I am totally inspired to find more recipe's Max can help me with. 
Sunday, September 6, 2009
My Little Helper
Posted by Emily Larkin at 1:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment