Thursday, November 25, 2010

Just another ordinary day




Okay so this is going to be a bit of a departure from all the other blogs out there telling you everything they are thankful for...but surely not a departure from my other blog posts. Thanksgiving is not really one of my favorite holidays. In fact, all things considered, I wish it didn't exists. I wish it were just another ordinary day. Maybe this year is a bit worse since I don't feel great and Max has entered a really ANNOYING phase lately. He has to talk constantly and is always in my personal space demanding attention. So first off I hate that because of the holiday preschool was canceled taking away my few hours away from him. (Not that I begrudge his teacher.) So here we have a whole day where nothing is open, no where to go, but a whole day of Max. Then there is the meal, which in my opinion is way more work then the payoff. Lastly it is just a lonely long day, like a really long Sunday. I am either busy cooking a meal I am not that jazzed about, bored to death watching Max play video games, or annoyed by Max as he pesters me. I just wish it were an ordinary day.

*a side note....I do get invited down to Little Rock by my lovely Aunt Mardie each year, and we sometimes go, but 4 hours each way is a long drive with Mae. Perhaps the holiday wouldn't be bad if we lived close to family. Alas the one flaw to Arkansas.

*I do not want to see any comments about how we should have just flown to Utah! I do not want to spend any day of my life watching my kids get molested so the federal government can look like they are doing something and thereby improve their public image instead of actually doing something useful like racial profiling.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, the world is not a welcome place for us thanksgiving haters. It's like saying you don't like T-giving is the same thing as selling drugs to kids. I actually get sooo annoyed about all the cooking that goes on. And I don't even do it--ever. But it just bugs me. What a freaking waste of time. I'm glad you provided a safe place for me to say all that on this holiday I have always loathed.