We surprised a lot of our neighbors by trick or treating this year. People in Bella Vista just don't trick or treat due to many factors, the lack of sidewalks, the steep hills, and the fact that it started out as a retirement community. Most people were nice and even excited to see the kids. We also went to Jeff's work and did a trick or treat around the cubicles, which is not terrible fun. The building is basically a converted warehouse of cubicles and it is jammed packed with kids. We skipped the ward party cause I am still really pissed that after last years PERFECT small trunk or treat, they would attach it to the lame chili cook off again and force all the kids to stay up past midnight to trunk or treat. (Okay maybe not that late.) I am sorry, but my kids are in bed by eight. Anyhoo...we had a good Halloween and Max was super cute. He was supposed to be Buzz Lightyear, but then a couple days before I went to TJMaxx and they had a Anakin Skywalker costume for 2 dollars since the mask and belt were missing. I bought it and made a belt out of an old bleached black sock of mine that was missing a partner. See it pays to never toss socks! Buzz can wait til next years since it was a bit too big. I got a lot of good Twix out of the holiday so really it was a good weekend.
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Getting chili I didn't cook makes a difference for me. I must be really sick of cooking. Finished the last slice of pie last night. Yum! Though the Halloween activity did make for a late night. Didn't matter as much in ours as it's smaller and the kids are mostly older. But I was very glad to get my wild booen home. Glad you could surprise people with trick or treating! =)
Post a Comment