So this time instead of complaining about how my ward takes all the people who excel in their callings and sends them to the youth programs, I am going to give a rave of how talented and wonderful our now former Relief Society Teacher Krista Evans is.
I guess you could say I never met a Krista I didn't like. Krista and I have been in the same ward for about five years now. We have never been the closest of friends but every interaction I have had with her has been uplifting and enjoyful. She is a beautiful petite mother of four. She has the flawless skin of a 20 year old but the wisdom of someone in their sixties. She is gracious, smart, and humble. Every time we have run into each other at playgroup or the pool we have talked and laughed until time has flown by and it is sadly time to go. She is one of those few people that you know you could count on in a time of need to help and it would actually make her happy to do so. About a year ago we met for a playgroup and she was not in the best of moods, in fact she was a bit cranky for her, but instead of that making me uncomfortable, it made me like her more. She is one of those ladies that are not saints, but that you know you need to be more like them. For the past year I have been attending Relief Society and she has been my favorite teacher. She teaches the Teaching for Our Times lesson and I can't put into words how much her lessons have reached me. For the first time in months I had a reason to look forward to church. I was so shocked when they released her on Sunday and to be honest I was tempted to protest her appointment to the Young Womens because I didn't want her to go. I need her lessons. So thank you Krista for your Spirit and I am a better person for knowing you.
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Sunshine in December
Posted by Emily Larkin at 9:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
what a nice post! I agree, Krista's lessons are wonderful, and Krista is wonderful, too.
Emily, I love your blog. Why didn't i know about it before? I need to stop reading it now and go make dinner.
Post a Comment