Oh snap! I was just de-friended on facebook! I am not terribly sad since we disagreed on many subjects, but I will always miss people with a wicked sense of humor. My main surprise is how the Internet seems to insulate people into a bubble of their own ideas. She posted a "medical" article on how the H1N1 vaccine was causing miscarriages. I was game, I went to the site and read the article. I then followed their links to their actual "data" and it was totally unsubstantiated. There was no direct link in any of the cases just suspicion and guess work. There was certainly not enough to deserve the slant the website had given the article. Well this former facebook acquaintance I guess didn't want to hear that the government was not out to get us. Okay. Live in your self sustaining bubble, preach to your choir. If you don't agree with me on facebook that is cool. I appreciate a good well researched debate. I can't think of a blog comment that I have not posted because I disagreed with the thought. In fact I encourage people to disagree with The Things That Must Go, if they really want them to stay. But hey, if you feel better in your bubble then have at it.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
"My main surprise is how the Internet seems to insulate people into a bubble of their own ideas."
what a well written sentence. It's like literary candy.
I would totally get someone deleting a comment they didn't like, then maybe sending a private message with a back up explanation. But that's a real shame that you were defriended over a difference of opinion.
One of the biggest beefs I have with facebook is how viral articles go, without anyone backing them up. Or like that share your bra color for breast cancer thing, or the change your profile picture for (or against?) child abuse. People can get pretty carried away with the share button.
Dislike.
Post a Comment