Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Alive and Well....So Far


Well so far we have been safe and warm in our house. I am so grateful for our electricity and am just praying that it holds out through the night. Max has been a real trooper through out the whole ordeal. I suspect that he is just thrilled that his best buddy Jeff has been stuck at home with us all day (and probably tomorrow too.) I wish I had more to report. There really hasn't been much in our lives lately. We have had a very uneventful month. I have been really tired and so haven't been up to much except baking pies (see previous posts.)


Jeff was called to be my team teacher in primary. This is really a case of be careful what you ask for. I mentioned awhile back that I thought it would be a good idea if I was to remain in my current class, which would go from 3 angels to 12 normal kids. I was a bit worried about the rowdiness. After only a few weeks I learned that all my worries were for naught. These kids are great they just needed someone to hold them to high standard of reverence. And as you all know I have no problem bringing the discipline. (Occasionally too much so.) So now I don't really know what to do with Jeff. We have talked about splitting the class into class and sharing time, but I love both! He doesn't want me there when he teaches cause I tend to walk all over him. (not intentionally, you know teaching it's just my thing) Not to mention the fact that there really isn't an excess room in the classroom. Grrr... so I guess I brought this on myself, perhaps this will help us grow as a couple, or if our plans to get pregnant this spring works out then I will be more then happy to give Jeff the class all together. (although that will be sad cause I really do LOVE Primary!) For next week anyway I am going to turn the class over to Jeff and help out in sunbeams since they are in need of help (and who doesn't love sunbeams (when they are not sick.).) Yeah that's about it for us this month. I am not sure that I am hoping for more or less excitement in February.

0 comments: