Saturday, January 3, 2009

So I got rid of my cold...


Thanks to the stomach flu! So previously I mentioned that no matter how bad I felt all was good compared to the roto-virus I got a few years ago. Well that statement still stands, that was the worse I have ever felt, but we got too close this week. Friday night around 5 o'clock I got the stomach flu. Even though I had been a diligent and gotten my flu shot, it got ugly. Luckly, it was only about 14 hours of pure bathroom floor torture, and it was at night so Max was asleep, (only Jeff and I got sick.) I also loved that it happened after a day of crap calories, you know, old- not even good, christmas cookie calories. The real downside to this flu, was that it was too close to the misery I had previously expereinced with the roto-virus. I had taken so much comfort thinking that I could never feel that bad again. (I am a good girl, I get flu shots, I don't go to Mexico, and I don't eat shell fish.) This experience has shaken my confidence. Something worse could be out there waiting for me.

1 comments:

Kasey said...

Oh, what a yucky way to start a new year. I'm glad you're feeling better now. I've been feeling 'under the weather' all week and think I may actually be coming down with something. It's hard to try and lay low on the weekend, but I'm hoping it will pass quickly!