So I got a little over zealous peeling Granny Smith apples this afternoon. My very dear friend Lara, (if you haven't checked out her blog (the Scheele Family) you need to,)has had a really bad week, (3 kids all sick.) She needed a pie. So after making her pie I discovered that I had enough apples to make a second pie. Well I don't really need a pie sitting around, so I submit it to the highest bidder. I am thinking I might give it to Sarah Allred if she brings back my pie tin (which I has long suspected that she was keeping hostage for another pie,) (I have made sure to use a disposable tin for this pie.) Or perhaps Meg can tempt me with something else.... I am open to suggestions.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


19 comments:
oh man are you freaking kidding me?! I redo my budget this afternoon and eliminate that whole "money for items I want but don't really need" category and then you dangle THIS bad boy on a hook?! It's like the heavens have opened to tell me I'm not getting in!
I'm considering TAKING my kids to church and letting them LICK the nursery just so they can get some freako disease and then you'll pity me and bring a pie over here!
actually...after hearing about all the nasty-sicky-grossness that actually IS going around in the nursery, I don't know if I could go through with that one. (I did a lice check on EVERYone in my home after reading sistershare)
I KNEW I should have picked up those sheep slippers when I saw them at the associate store last month! You never could have resisted those! AND they had a matching pair for the boy.
If you are on some sort of new years diet thing...send sarah's cinnamon rolls MY way after she goes home with MY pie.
I'll have to think about this one. My usual skillz are temporarily out of commission...I might have to get creative.
I am a faithful comment leaver though...every blogger knows that has to count for SOMEthing.
I just noticed the cutesy stars. Those must be to tempt me extra.
Is this a real-live show my the money bid? Or is it a trade of some sort? I have some killer video game connections...what do you have? A 360? ;)
Oh, pick me, pick me. Your Gilmore Girls buddy. I live the closest to you anyways! That must count for something! LOL! You're awesome, Emily. Someday I will get my hands on one of your pies, I will...oh yes, I will!
"I feel like, what is it when everyone is after you, "Whore?" I was thinking Debutant." -Sabrina I don't think I could actually accept money for a pie unless actually comissioned to make one. You are all just lucky that Jill can't have yummy food because of her gulbladder. Meg don't torture your kids for pie, that's just mean. You shouldn't have mentioned the sheep slippers, as that may have disqualified you from any pie ever! (I type while wearing my sheep sweater.) Kasey, I think we could work out a seperate deal of like a certain number of pies between now and Feb 20th (Jeff's Birthday) If you could swing me some kind of discount of Rock Band for the PS2. Courtney, living close actually has a huge amount of pull on the decision. Frankly if any of you had shown up on my doorstep last night it would have been yours, I am pretty lazy.
Dang...if I didn't live so far away I just might have shown up at your door step.
You need the whole RB set with instruments? Let me see if I can find one...
i ALMOST stopped by on my way home from church, but didn't think it right to assume the pie could be mine by simply asking you to surrender it.
Does this mean it still has not been claimed?!
and seriously, poor jill. She deserves a pie more than ANYone!
they had rock band at sams for 40 bucks for the PS2...I know they are out at this one, but it might be worth calling around to see if they have any left in other clubs.
Ooh. I just had an idea (since RB isn't included in my employee benefits. ;( It's those darn instruments.
How about if I RENT you my RockBand for PS2 for a few weeks in exchange for one little apple pie? I could part with it for a spell. It includes all the songs from RB1, RB2, AC/DC, and all the Guitar Hero games will play on it, too.
Should I bring it by this afternoon? wink wink
That pie is mine little lady. Give it to someone else - and you will never see your pie tin again. NEVAH!
Okay I think I have tortured you ladies enough! All things considered I am a bit worried about getting my pie tin back, so I will award the new pie to Sarah on condition that I get my old tin back. (This pie has a disposable tin.) Kasey you came in a close second with your bid, In fact you decide when you want a pie, and we'll swap for the rental. I would make you another today, but I don't have any more apples. But this way you can custom order your pie for any occasion. I also like the idea of borrowing the rock band, it would be a good lesson for Jeff that you can't have everything. Meg, it is only your manners that have kept you from this pie, had you thrown all politeness to the wind and driven over here demanding the pie it would have been yours.. alas let that be a lesson to you in the future (a good balance to all the gospel lessons of patience and kindness you got today.)
You make a hungry pregnant woman cry!
Stupid manners. I was also worried max might be sleeping and I'd wake him up.
I know how you do love your pie tin though...well played sarah.
until next time.
Well the pie is now in the loving custody of Sarah Allred. And I got my really pretty pie tin back! But now I am feeling a slight bit of sadness for all those who did not get pies. So I have decided that everyone should get pies! It is my goal to get all you ladies who responded to this a pie before the month is out. Everyone should have pie just for reading my blog and putting up with my inane thoughts. If I could find a way to get pie to all you in Cali, Idaho, and Utah I would. Although I promis you if you come out you will definatly get a pie.
I will make two pies if the lovely people from Turkey who read my blog come out!
PIE FOR EVERYONE! I love happy endings when everybody wins.
Very generous of you, Emily.
Totally done deal on the RB. And I'll let you know if I find another on clearance. I got mine at Sam's before Christmas for $45, but they only had 2 and that was a month ago.
YAY! I'm gonna make me a paper chain to count down the days.
Soooo.....since I got THE pie - does that mean I dont get one of these pies??? What are the rules? Train table = pie.....anything else?
my oh my...if two pies are not enough when will it stop Sarah? I think that maybe you need to enjoy the one you have right now and then decide if you need another. Now that we are friends you know others will be coming down the pipe. Think of all the ladies right now who are not eating pie. We'll talk again when your not so pie crazy.
Hey I can have pie if I am good the rest of the day and if I only eat one slice! And I will have to drink it with a lot of distilled water, but don't deny me pie. When I come home from the hospital in March I am having a post baby and post gallbladder pig out! Papa Johns and bakerys here I come! And I better be in the pie list.
Post a Comment