Sunday, October 31, 2010

April Showers Bring Mae Flowers


And Mae Flowers bring...pies and gift cards. I would like to thank you all for your comments and continued support of my blogging efforts. For the most part I do enjoy blogging and it just wouldn't be the same if I had no readers. Now as for the good stuff. I had a total of 15 entries in the contest divided between the local pie contest and the far away Walmart Gift Card Contest. Mae was kind enough to draw two names and the winners are ...

Far Away

My cousin Joe. (It probably didn't hurt that he got an extra entry for being the first to correctly identify the pumpkin.)

Local

My friend Hannah (Local being a relative term since technically she lives in Missouri.)


I am excited to deliver both these goodies especially since my cousin Joe is actually coming to visit soon! (Although I promise that this trip did not interfere with the integrity of the contest.)


Thoughts on your comments....

HA! Jason, I have always thought of you as the most Bad Ass person I know so this just added to that identity.

This was a good reminder of how sisters can always find/remember an embarrassing moment of your life to make you remember what an idiot you are. Thanks Lu.

My Uncle Karl and Aunt Barb must really love the beach boys.

Krista E. Yeah that totally sums up my memories of Young Women's leaders.

Kasey After my freshman year at the dorms I had a policy of paying more to not share a room. My first semester my roommate Leilani kept me up one night writing a paper, so I decided to listen to my garbage CD while she was studying for finals.


Max also has songs he loves from Rock Band and Guitar Hero. He loves Slow Ride and Blitzkreig Bop. HEY! HO! LETS GO! He has also replaced the lyrics to Follow the Prophet with Star Wars the Clone Wars. Which is really great cause that has always been my most hated church song. No matter who sings it or how, it always sounds like chanting. Get the organ going with it and you have got a serious cult thing going on. And some of the lyrics are a bit glib so together it is just a really dark sounding song.


Yes, I don't remember what the occasion was, but we were in southern Utah and I believe Billy Jean was also not the Governor.


Lindsay that bathroom was awesome.


1 comments:

Arkansas Bartholomews said...

oh wow, really? Though, that story was Aaron's actually. My family doesn't leave musical memories with me.

Might not be their fault as I don't seem to have the right mind/ear/memory set up to recall and/or be effected by music. Aaron surely does and thinks the RIIA would probably outlaw his memory type (and all those better too of course) if it could. =)

Thank you Mae! Do you want to make the delivery a family visit and join us for dinner?

Though sadly, I love the "follow the prophet" song. The dark sound comes from its minor key, though the lyrics help. Singing in minor key at church makes me feel small and full of mischief. ...probably isn't what I should be feeling at church though. Sigh.

Hannah