Cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness.
Ahhh it saddens me greatly that it has been over seven years since I have been to Disneyland, (Big Thunder Railroad is where the title of this post comes from.)
Often at night Jeff and I will look at each other and remark about how Mae's personality is defining itself more each day. While only a year old, it is quite clear that she has inherited her father's temper and her mother's stubbornness. Whaaat? Jeff has a temper, you ask. Yeah, me too, but he and his family swear it is so. I honestly haven't seen it in our seven years of marriage, but I am told it was really really bad, like get this kid to counseling bad. I am sure his family can fill up the comments board on this subject. Hmmm I don't suppose there will be any protests on my stubbornness....oh well. Mae will do what she wants when she wants to. And don't mess with her. As I have mentioned earlier I signed us up for Baby and Mom swim class at the fitness center as I did with Max when he was her age. She likes the water but that is it. She HATES doing anything. She doesn't want to reach and pull, kick her legs, or blow bubbles. When I try to engage her in these activities she just looks at me annoyed. At one point the teacher comes around with a bag of toys which the babies are to choose from. Mae likes this, until the activity continues. They are supposed to throw the toy around and reach and pull to get it. She does not want to throw the toy. She fights me and you can tell she thinks this is a very STUPID game. WHY ARE WE THROWING THE TOY JUST TO RETRIEVE IT?!?
This afternoon she had finished a snack and I detached myself from her to get her something else to eat. She started squawking as soon as I left. I was off and on my way back from the kitchen when I saw that she was walking after me. When she made eye contact with me she dropped to the ground and threw a tantrum. What are we in for? I suppose this is just what happens when you get one super mellow good kid.

0 comments:
Post a Comment