Sunday, October 3, 2010

Baby Alert!




I see that Mae's Birthday post got hijacked by a grandparent's visit post, so I think I need to share a bit about my favorite girl. Mae went to the doctor and is in the 50% for weight and height. She is a bit of a chunk, but it is all of the fun to squish kind. Mae is one and already has her own distinct personality. She wants to do things her own way. She wants to feed herself and dress herself and she gets frustrated when we have to help her.

She wants to know what is going on and follows me everywhere I go. When Jeff or I go into the other room we often send out baby alerts to let the other know we are being followed. When she hears these alerts she speeds up cause she knows she is about to be caught. She loves to take the books off our bookshelves and loves to play with toys. She can spend an hour or so just playing in Max's room.

Grandpa Tobler amused her with making a clicking noise and she was determined to figure out how he did it. She would stick her hand in your mouth trying to solve the mystery. This led to me almost choking when I yawned and she shoved her arm in my mouth. She has now mastered the sound and loves to make it.

Mae isn't perfect she makes a really ugly squawk when she is mad. She is the world's lightest sleeper. She sleeps not in her pretty nursery, but in the spare room downstairs and wakes up if you try to go downstairs at all. She still loves Max. Last night she and Max were in the bath and Max decided to spout water in her face. She laughed so hard I was afraid she was gonna fall over into the water and drown. We all love Mae and look forward to what the next year brings us.

1 comments:

Sarah R said...

I got those same pajamas for Lindsey's Halloween costume (being way to cheap/lazy to come up with a fancy costume myself). Too bad they can't have a slumber party! Although we'd have to empty the house completely so either of them would actually sleep without waking up...