
I just returned from a kiddie group soccer game put together by my lovely friend Jill. Never have I known a woman so devoted to giving her children amazing experiences. Jill is a superior example of motherhood that I am grateful to have in my life. My memory is a bit fuzzy on how we met, but it seems like ages ago. Jill was one of the first friends I made here in Arkansas. We have been each other's visiting teacher at different times, she threw me a shower for Max. I remember how helpful she was when I had Max. She took me to Target a few weeks before he was born and showed me around the baby section, teaching me what to buy and basically raising my parenting level to competent. It was so helpful! Jill never has a bad thing to say about anyone, (I am shocked we have anything to talk about!) I never feel judged around her and that says a lot cause she knows so much about me. A few months ago when I went crazy I was driving around not sure what to do crying and driving, generally going nowhere, and when I called her she directed me to her house and took me in. She then watched my kids while Jeff took me home. Jill has excellent taste. Her house is lovely, warm and always smells good. I know that last one sounds weird, but houses' smell, some good some not so much. One nice thing about Jill is she is married to Nate. We seem to be hit and miss with couple friends, but Jeff and I love Jill and Nate. We even went to Dallas together, 10 hours in a car with me will test any one's friendship. Two years ago when our power went out in the great ice storm we were taken in by the Messicks and kept warm. (Hence the above picture.) These guys love game nights and we are so excited every time we get asked over. Jill rocks.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Sunshine in October
Posted by Emily Larkin at 7:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
here here!
oooh! i want a Jill!!!
The kids loved it. Thanks for playing games with my kids.
Well you made the pregnant lady cry! Thanks Emily you are a wonderful friend and an amazing cook! Dinner was so yummy the other night. Nate thought he had died and gone to heaven because there was something to eat when he came home.
Post a Comment