I haven't been to many concerts, I didn't even go to one until college. Some have been good, some miserable with a few in between. Here is a quick run down of the experience.
First Concert
Guster 2001
Rain Rain Rain
The concert was in a leaky tent at some club in SLC. The ticket was free and the music was good, but the fact that the band looked like they were going to be electrocuted at any minuet was a but scary.
U2/No Doubt 2001
AWESOME! By far my favorite of the group. I went to the Delta Center with my roommate Jen. and our tickets were for standing in front of the stage, (which did get a bit long, but really who wants to sit to No Doubt and U2?) I was super excited that No Doubt was opening for U2 two great bands for one low price. I was totally embarrassed though that the idiots of Utah didn't seem that interested in No Doubt. The band did not get much love, which was sad cause they were superb. U2 was excellent. This was the Beautiful Day Tour so the songs were particularly good. good good good.
Tori Amos 2001
Me and every lesbian in the state of Utah. I like Tori but some, okay a lot, of her stuff is weird and sad for me she only played weird stuff that night.
Guster 2002
This time on a lovely June day in Deer Valley. This also where I picked up my favorite t-shirt ever. John Mayer also played this concert and he had a potty mouth! I think I was the only person there for Guster.
Weird AL 2003
What we do for love. This was at the Utah State Fair and the geek-o-meter was turned up a notch by so many of the fans dressed up in Jedi Costumes. I actually damaged my ear at this concert. I sure do love you Jeff.
Cake 2009
Well you've all read the post on this last year. Rain, smokers, and good music.
REO Speedwagon/Barenaked Ladies 2010
Fun and Free.
So not many, but I hope for more in the future.


4 comments:
One of my few concerts was with Krista -- we went to the 5 1/2 weeks tour of Tori Amos and Alanis Morrissette. Tori rocked that night! It was awesome!! Plus Krista and I's relationship really grew. Tear.
I have also seen the Barenaked Ladies and they were AWESOME. It was during the SLC Olympics and Ed Robertson donned a speed skating outfit. Maybe one of the funniest things I've EVER seen.
Okay, that's weird. I saw Tori Amos with Krista, too! And Krista bought me an Alanis Morrisette CD in high school. Emily, did you see Tori with Krista, too??
Andrew and I saw U2 a couple years ago, and it was definitely one of the best concerts I've been to. One of the strangest was Indigo Girls -- you can imagine how many lesbians were at that one. Andrew actually got pushed out of the candy line by some man hater. Rude!
Actually I went to that Tori Concert by myself. Lu was on her mission. It was Tori's Strange Little Girl Tour, nuff said. Poor Andrew.
Emily - I think I was at that same Tori Concert. With a bunch of my girlfriends, but none of us were lesbian.
Yeah - it was only girls there. Emotional girls...
Post a Comment