After 6 summers in Arkansas we have finally attended out first Walmart Shareholders Concert. Last night Jeff and I went down to Fayetteville to see REO Speedwagon and The Barenaked Ladies. We really just went for the Ladies but the Wagon wasn't too shabby. The best part about this whole thing is that it was FREE! Each year for the shareholders there are usually 2-3 nights of concerts. One night is usually devoted to country. This year was Tim Mcgraw. In the past they have had Journey, Fall Out Boys, Jewel, The Eagles, Three Doors Down. We wanted to go see the Eagles a few years ago but the babysitting fell through. This year a friend of ours came over and watched the kiddos. We left late in the afternoon and stopped by my favorite place Rick's Bakery. I got a Strawberry Margarita Cupcake and it was amazing. Strawberry frosting on a white cake with Key Lime filling. YUM! We did have to wait in line for and hour, correction Jeff waited in line for an hour while I sat off to the side in the shade. (What a great guy!) Just before going inside we ran into some friends and sat with them. I don't think I have ever had that much fun while in the presence of a member of my bishopric. While seated in fairly good seats they had a guys shooting off t-shirt at everyone which just reminds me of the Simpsons and Maude's early demise. The funny thing about shareholders is that people from all over the world come and wear coordinating outfits based on what country they came from. Before the show idiots would take turns running their flag around for cheers. Did Canada and England really think they would get any cheers from US? REO Speedwagon was good. Not my nostalgia, but they gave a good show and I recognized a few songs. It did get a bit long and so I was very excited when the Barenaked Ladies came on. (One of the ladies came on early to shoot T-shirts. (Cause really who wouldn't want to shoot that thing?) Jeff and I had wanted to see the Ladies for some time. We had both heard that they did a fun live show and we were not disappointed. They played all their hits which were just as good live. They had a lot of fun dancing and joking about Walmart. They sang my favorite of their songs, "It's All Been Done." Cause who doesn't like a song with woo hoo hoo's in it? It was a good concert. I have had some unpleasant concert experiences so I am always really happy when one goes well. Wonder who they will have next year.
A special thanks to Katie for the picture and the company. Although I will have to hurt you if you don't take that awful picture of me off of facebook.


2 comments:
Joe and I went to a NuSkin concert while he worked there. It was soo much fun but people made fun of us because it was..... Barry Mailow and Kenny Loggins! They were so fun though!
What are you talking about beautiful lady. I loved the picture of you. The concert was a lot of fun. I can't wait until next year. Hopefully they have someone cool again.
Post a Comment