Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sometimes it's hard to be married to me...


and sometimes it totally rocks. All in all I hope it evens out for Jeff. I have felt a bit bad for Jeff recently as some of my comments on a non-relief society sponsored site, (yup, no matter what someone may say to make themselves look better, it was never set up as a relief society web site.) has riled many in the ward. Not that I should know that cause no one has actually said something to me and start a discussion, they all prefer to tattle to the Relief Society Presidency and have the comments deleted in an Iranian move of censorship.


ANYWAY, I mentioned to Jeff that I felt sorry for the tension he had to feel on Sunday. He reminded me that he didn't notice anything cause this ward totally ignores him anyway so he was just worried for me. He is so supportive.


But yesterday I totally rocked. Jeff and I had arranged to take Max to Toy Story 3. Jeff got off work early and I arranged babysitting for Mae and we went to the 4:50 showing. Only despite what it said online, this time had been moved back an hour for this day only to accommodate the midnight showing of twilight. Whatever, except that what to do now.I asked the teenage attendant to just charge me the matinee price to the 6:15 showing. She blinked, then told me she couldn't do that. I asked for the manager. I explained to her that this put me in a difficult position babysitting wise and it helped that Max was almost in tears confused as to why we weren't going in. So I nicely, yes I can be nice, asked her what she could do for us to keep us from going to the Malco for now on. Well she gave us free tickets!!! And now I will think twice before going to the Malco, even though it is cleaner, and has stadium seating, and you can't hear the movie in the other theater.


We went and got super yummy deep dish pizza with the money we "saved." Special shout out to Meg for watching Mae even with the delay. I liked the film, not as much as number 2, but still a lot. I mean it had a Totoro cameo for peet' sake! Poor Jeff, I'm like totally screaming Totoro Totoro! in the theater.

5 comments:

Emily Larkin said...

And yes, for everyone in Arkansas, that is Jeff in the picture! Not a first other husband who left me for my brazen ways.

banananutmeg said...

haha your comment is awesome.

Yay for free tickets!! Mae was an angel. All that non-napping she did for you yesterday really paid off over here.

Erin said...

I fully appreciated Jeff last Sunday during primary. He volunteered to help sit with my class and help we control them. I ended up with all the kids that age and not just my class. He disappeared before I could say thank you. I think everyone feels a little forgotten in primary though.

Emily Larkin said...

Thanks Erin I will pass that along to Jeff. I am responsible for his disapeerance. I was done with my Frankenbaby and pulled everybody out. Another example of Jeff's sacrafices for his high maintence wife.

Sarah R said...

I had to read your post aloud to Rich because the Iranian censorship comment. We both loved it.

Now do you see why I am always surprised to see Jeff now? I picture him the way he looks in this photo. :) And yes, you rock as a wife. He is a very lucky happy guy. Plus how many kids get to see Toy Story in the theater? You rock as a mom too.