
Out with the old and in with the new. With the departure of Daisy we now say hello to Willa. Meet Willa. Willa is a 2007 Mazda 5. For those of you unfamiliar with the Mazada 5 it is basically a micro-van. It seats six and drives like a car. We really had no intention of actually buying a car for a few months until everything with the other house was settled (that story is coming soon!) But I figured we could start window shopping the find the best fit for our family. Thursday night coming off the high of getting rid of Daisy, we went and looked at the big tamale- the Honda Odyssey. That is almost as good as a car from Pimp My Ride. Have you been in a mini-van since the 80's? I hadn't. Those suckers are like transformers. Custom made for moms. But the were waaay to big and WAAAY to expensive.
Incase you're wondering there are two seats behind the kids that are folded down in this picture.
So I did some homework and found the Mazda 5. Friday night for our 7 year anniversary we went to look at them. Again we did not intend to buy at all. We test drove the 2010 Grand Touring model and it was nice and priced for around 25,000 (as opposed to the odyssey 40,000.) We looked at some of the used but most of them were the basic sport model and if I was gonna get a cheaper car I wanted to spring for the deluxe Grand Touring Model. I have a thing for leather. There was one Grand Touring and we were told it was 14,000 but it had a lot of miles. Too many to consider. As we were about to leave the manager came over to "seal the deal/ say hello." This guy was WAAAAY to Creepy to be selling cars. I almost wanted to say I would buy anything if that guy would just leave and never talk to me again. But then he said we could have the car for 9,000. Well much to Jeff's surprise I was like, I wanna see it again. You should have seen Jeff's face...priceless. Well long story short (too late) we came back Saturday, got a warranty and actually got the price dropped a bit, and drove it away. I am in love! So much room but you don't feel like your driving a tank. Jeff is also happy to not have to bum rides to work anymore. We are a very very happy family this week!
Monday, June 14, 2010
"Get Out of My Dreams. Get Into My Car."
Posted by Emily Larkin at 6:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
what a happy week! yay for trunk space. You'll feel super cool at the trunk or treat when you have a comfy trunk to sit on.
I love the way you write. :) I can actually picture the creepy manager. Ugh.
Congrats! Looks like a great car! Who knew Odysseys were so much?!
Post a Comment